Little-Miss Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 I had a virus on the network last week, it was a worm and it had the word dung in it...cant remember its name. Anyhoo, Sophos shifted it but its left something behind as im getting error messages on startup that it cant find other.exe and win.exe. I've had a quick check of the registry for any entries but failed to find any.....any other suggestions?
Slewis Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 (edited) Might try msconfig... sometimes it flags up stuff that I don't see in registry. Failing that, I'd have a look through Autoruns Edited December 3, 2009 by Slewis Additional suggestion
ICT_GUY Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 Hijack this HijackThis - Trend Micro USA works for me.
mac_shinobi Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 Hijack this HijackThis - Trend Micro USA works for me. another +1 for hijackthis but also the below The home of Spybot-S&D! Malwarebytes.org a-squared Anti-Malware - Best protection against Trojan Horses, Spyware, Viruses, Worms, Dialers, Adware, Keyloggers and Rootkits SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Little-Miss Posted December 3, 2009 Author Posted December 3, 2009 Re-imaging time nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Little-Miss Posted December 3, 2009 Author Posted December 3, 2009 Starting to look more and more like i need to reimage....poop. Took ages for me to get abacus evolve to play nice!! Tried pretty much everything that has been suggested, nothing looks out of place in the registry. Bloody pain in the bum virus!!! I'm so stubbon lol...
mac_shinobi Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 Starting to look more and more like i need to reimage....poop. Took ages for me to get abacus evolve to play nice!! Tried pretty much everything that has been suggested, nothing looks out of place in the registry. Bloody pain in the bum virus!!! I'm so stubbon lol... cleary not as stubborn as the virus is lol you disabled system restore before doing all these scans - also doing them in safe mode helps
Michael Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 I'm pretty sure you'd of completed re-imaging by now But seriously if you can save yourself some time then re-image where you can. 1
mac_shinobi Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 I'm pretty sure you'd of completed re-imaging by now But seriously if you can save yourself some time then re-image where you can. re image would be a lot easier - once you get it working again and how you like it just make an image of that
mac_shinobi Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 I'm pretty sure you'd of completed re-imaging by now But seriously if you can save yourself some time then re-image where you can. As the saying goes - take a photo - it lasts longer
Michael Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 As the saying goes - take a photo - it lasts longer I seem to remember Bubbles in Little Britain once used that quote
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now