Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there.

 

I'm having problems with Shutdownertron since I changed the shutdown times on Group Policy from 10pm to 7pm.

 

Machines around the site are still set to shut down at 10:00pm when I look at Scheduled Tasks on local computers. When I look in Event viewer, it says that the Shutdownertron 7:00pm time is applied successfully.

 

If I change the time on a local PC to 7pm, it does not shut down. However, it does shut down at 10pm.

 

Any help please as to why changing the settings do not work?

 

I have tested GPUPDATE /FORCE on the server and local computers, seems OK. I have allowed a few days to pass.

 

Any help please? ;)

 

Looking forward to 1.5 as well!

 

Thanks.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Hmm, Shutdownertron doesn't touch the scheduled tasks so there is something else at work here.

 

Please set the clock on a machine to 18:50 and leave it running until 19:10, and have a look in the event viewer. If you can post the messages that would help.

 

Double check you don't have a local override in effect.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...