_Bat_ Posted September 26, 2006 Posted September 26, 2006 Okay so about two months after being asked to get us a website, I finally get around to doing something with this. At the moment there is no content whatsoever, the kids are coming up with the ideas for that. There is just the basic template. It is also hosted on my own site as a test cos the school haven't paid for hosting yet. The link is -EDITED OUT-. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? I did think it looked more like a secondary school website myself... not sure if this matters too much though once the content goes on.
_Bat_ Posted September 26, 2006 Author Posted September 26, 2006 havent i seen that somewhere before? Lol, was it your website that has the same template? Its the best template I could find that had roughly the colours I wanted. Had to edit the top of the default template though, didn't really like it.
webman Posted September 26, 2006 Posted September 26, 2006 It's the same as the opensourcecms.com one if I'm not mistaken. And is it Joomla or Mambo?
Guest Posted September 26, 2006 Posted September 26, 2006 Is it for a Primary then _bat_? I'll be honest not the best Joomla template in the world but then its hard to comment without any content filling it out. Good start though
Guest Posted September 26, 2006 Posted September 26, 2006 It might be worth investing in a commercial template. Most are in US$ so work out quite cheap really. http://www.joomla.org/content/blogcategory/30/56/ or for the free ones http://www.joomla.org/content/blogcategory/19/51/
_Bat_ Posted September 26, 2006 Author Posted September 26, 2006 It's the same as the opensourcecms.com one if I'm not mistaken. And is it Joomla or Mambo? Tis Joomla. I get the impression they are better then mambo (I read through all about the split between them), though i'm sure many disagree. I removed the copyright cos if security issues arise in joomla (like they always will) I don't want 'hackers' finding the site through google. Is it for a Primary then _bat_? I'll be honest not the best Joomla template in the world but then its hard to comment without any content filling it out. It is indeed for a primary school... only one teacher has seen it so far and that was my IT-coord... not sure what the staff will make of it. I'll probably end up changing most of it. I agree its not the best template, its the best I could find though lol. None of the others (apart from the brother of the one I am using) seemed suitable for a school.
webman Posted September 26, 2006 Posted September 26, 2006 In that case then, _Bat_, (not sure if Joomla allows you to) but you should remove the Joomla references from the META tags in your template or however it puts them in - as this would still allow people to find your site as a Joomla one with basic searches, regardless of the footer copyright. If you don't mind spending a bit of time working an existing template into a Joomla-compatible one (again, I'm not too sure what's involved with this) you can take a look at OpenWebDesign.org and OSWD for "some ideas"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now