Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can anyone take a look at their server and give me an overview of what their permissions are? I've read the joomla docs page that says what should be ideal, but I'm still having problems.

 

When editing the axe_rescheek_blue template I am shown the following error:

 

 

  • Could not make the template file writable
  • Could not make the template file unwritable

I have files set at 664 but what should directories be? 777 is too open...

 

Many thanks

 

Gareth

Posted

Hi Gareth,

 

On my setup of the EduGeek Joomla Project (which is only a demo site) all the directories are set to 755.

 

Cheers,

Steve

 

 

Can anyone take a look at their server and give me an overview of what their permissions are? I've read the joomla docs page that says what should be ideal, but I'm still having problems.

 

When editing the axe_rescheek_blue template I am shown the following error:

 

 

  • Could not make the template file writable
  • Could not make the template file unwritable

I have files set at 664 but what should directories be? 777 is too open...

 

Many thanks

 

Gareth

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Hi Gareth,

 

On my setup of the EduGeek Joomla Project (which is only a demo site) all the directories are set to 755.

 

Cheers,

Steve

 

Yes - and mine. What are your files? Are they all 644?

 

Gareth

Posted

I've found that permissions seems to very complicated :(

 

My sites are hosted by our county servers and depending on whether a file/folder has been created/edited by FTP or a joomla PHP editor - things can easily end up as not writeable by the other process (FTP/PHP editor).

 

Looking at one of my sites - files seem to be 664 and folders 775

 

Some folders within images seem to be 777

 

regards

 

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...