Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys,

 

Wonder if any of you could shed some light on a little problem I have..........

 

Got 2 Routers (1x DG834Gv5 and 1x DG834Gv2), We have 2 sites, want to make a VPN Tunnel between the 2, I've configured the tunnel and it seems to connect fine BUT cant seem to ping or do anything between the sites in this tunnel.

 

Any ideas?

Posted

Often you won't be able to ping *from* the devices that make the tunnel as well.

 

how about some detail - screengrabs of setup? Kieth is right too - check networking settings on each machine - BOTH need the gateways setting correctly, esp. if the VPN devices arent your default gateway - otherwise ping will be very unidirectional :) so give us example IPs and route table from your hosts.

Posted

Sorted now, I knew I wasnt going mad, all settings were correct, and Tunnels were connected.........left it.......come back next day and all working!

 

I can ping there router, get onto the router etc etc

 

Im Happy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...