Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Removing Linux from my PDA


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, maybe not the right place to post this but I couldn't find any where else to put it.

 

I've decided to give familiar Linux a try on my Ipaq H5450, ok, no problems there.

 

I followed the instructions to the letter, apart from backing up the boot rom.

 

Now when you are supposed to back up the boot rom you go through a process of holding the middle button down and pressing the reset button until the ipaq vibrates. I did this but the ipaq seemed to lock up, so I assumed the rom had not gone on correctly. This is where my problem came about, i re-backed up the boot rom, over writing the old backup and now when I want to re-install Windows on the Ipaq, I don't have the correct boot image.

 

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the correct image from, I know it's a long shot but I have tried looking all over the web but can't find the version I need. It must be version 2.00.21 ENG

 

Anything lower than that and it won't flash, i've tried the boot roms from HP but they are 1.1X which is useless.

 

I'm grateful for any help.

Posted

no, for some reason the latest version they have is 1.11.x

 

and I need 2.00.21, which is the version that comes with PPC2003.

 

I don't have a ppc2003 disk because I bought the Ipaq off ebay, and trying to find ppc2003 is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Posted

I think I may have found it through newsgroups, but I don't know how to download files using a .nzb file.

 

Any ideas.......

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...