garethEds Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 Not sure if anyone uses it, but Parallels Desktop for Mac v5.0 has just been released. Version 4 users can upgrade at a cheaper price. I prefer it to Fusion (although it has probably improved since I used it last). GJE
FN-GM Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 Vmware have just released Version 3 of fusion. I have it and its ace
danIT Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 I recently trialed fusion vs paralles, Paralles seemed like a bit of a resource hog. 1
GrumbleDook Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 Been using the beta of version 5 for a bit and found it quite nice, but often found Fusion got fussy after patching with leopard ... so stayed away from it ever since. I'll keep an eye on how it performs though.
mac_shinobi Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 Been using the beta of version 5 for a bit and found it quite nice, but often found Fusion got fussy after patching with leopard ... so stayed away from it ever since. I'll keep an eye on how it performs though. I had vmware fusion 2.1 or the latest version of 2 basically before they brought out 3 and think parallels was at version 4 and have one hard drive that i installed xp on via bootcamp that vmware fusion was using and I tried to use that with parallels and parallels totally fudged my boot camp drive up after spending an hour or more doing stuff on the hard drive at which point neither fusion or parallels could use it so had to re do the boot camp partition and re install windows, drivers, software etc so not impressed that parallels fudged it all up after spending all that time on it I will try it again as not fussed about the installation of windows I have on there
Roopert Posted November 9, 2009 Posted November 9, 2009 (edited) scratch this comment *coughs* *googles question* Edited November 9, 2009 by Roopert
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now