marvin Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 Hi Just wanting some views on this: We have been offered a free trial of an online software called Mathletics and the company is wanting the children's names so that they can setup their usernames? Is this safe?
IrritableTech Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 A couple of our primaries have been using it for a while. It's as safe as any other company - say samlearning or iamlearning. This is there privacy statement... http://static.3plearning.com/mathletics/www/Mathletics%20Privacy%20Policy_07_07_2009.pdf They have league tables which are shown publically on there website, but it will be it the form Dave P of Some Primary School.
Michael Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 I have one site who are using it and the children love it as it adds competition. Putting it on difficult even I struggle with some of the questions! Give it a go and you'll see what I mean!
Jamman960 Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 We use it heavily in maths and have ended up buying a set of laptops because of it - the maths department ended up hogging the IT suite almost perminently! we now have around 1 lesson per week of Mathletics(~35mins) and set some homework via it. The maths teacher has also started publishing internal stats for the pupils so there is quite a bit of competition between the pupils to score higher. As above data protection wise the most that is displayed is and I believe you can also change it to just initials if you want.
pete Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 I have one site who are using it and the children love it as it adds competition. Putting it on difficult even I struggle with some of the questions! Give it a go and you'll see what I mean! Ok Sir, step away from the exclamation mark and come out with your hands up.
Michael Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 Ok Sir, step away from the exclamation mark and come out with your hands up. You'll just have to take my word for it Someone else should have a go to prove my point.
localzuk Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 We use it heavily here. The kids love it, and we've not had any issue with Data Protection issues.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now