Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have just been handed the 200 page School Improvement & policy manual which the head wants on the school website.

His secretary has given me a copy of about 15 different word docs that made up the report.

 

I wanted to create a single PDF that will contain a merge of all the documents and include a table of contents.

 

I know you can convert word docs to PDF a number of ways but i have a feeling this is something we may need to edit in the future and need it to be an accurate conversion so it doesn't waste too much time.

What I need to know is, which programme do we need to buy/download. I know there is Adobe Acrobat (standard and Pro), Adobe Reader Elements, numerous PDF printers, Adobe Distiller?!?

Posted
I doubt PDFCreator will - as it works as a printer driver. The OpenOffice method is probably slightly better. In all honesty, if you want to edit the doc afterwards, you are best re-editing the word original, and re-exporting it - such is the nature of PDF.
Posted
If your headteacher had following hte advise of becta, this sort of long-term document should be written in an open format (odf). Had it been, export to pdf would be trivial and the document would be forever accessible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...