Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We have been running the Classroom Monitor software for about a year now. With the start of the new school year we are experiencing problems migrating the year groups to the new teachers. I haven't been involved up till now but I'm shortly going to need to get hands on. Anyone got experience of this software that they could share please?

 

Geoff - Wansdyke Community School Devizes.

Posted
All i know is when you give something of that nature to the teachers to control, it ends up not functioning properly because of the intelligence or lack of thereof in using it.
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Helpful!! :)

 

I've posted here (although it's an old thread) as I'll have to do something similar next September, but also I'm having a problem where I've started working for a new school and lots of the teachers are getting Classroom Monitor error messages which seem to be to do with access rights.

 

I have given them Read/Write access over the Classroom monitor folder on the server but it hasn't fixed the problem for all users.

 

I'm guessing those users that still have problems have next to no access rights on their laptops - is there a folder they need rights to for the local part of the install? I tried the C:\Program Files\Classroom Monitor folder for one user but it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

 

Any ideas?

  • Thanks 1
Posted

"C:\Program Files\Classroom Monitor" is the only folder that needs read/write permissions for restricted accounts to run the software. CM is moving to a web based centrally hosted model from this September so you will not need to worry about local installations anymore.

 

Dave.

  • Thanks 2
Posted
In addition to the excellent reply from Dave my offering is that give the CM guys a call - their support is first rate and they can usually sort problems out in minutes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...