CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 I need to be able to show a simple APU for staff to accept when using a computer or even just some customised text on the login box. I cant use the interactive logon bits because we dont use CTRL+ALT+DEL because its easier for the kids to logon. Is there another way? Thanks Chris
powdarrmonkey Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 If you set the AUP thingy in group policy it still shows up if you disable ctrl-alt-del. 1
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Author Posted October 21, 2009 If you set the AUP thingy in group policy it still shows up if you disable ctrl-alt-del. At what point tho?
powdarrmonkey Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 Before prompting for a password (so yes, somebody could click OK and then walk away, and then the next person doesn't see it). You could always put it on the login wallpaper. 1
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Author Posted October 21, 2009 Im in lazy mode today, where on earth in AD would I change that? Thanks
6Foot2 Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 We use BGInfo to display specific colours/bitmaps however without the BGInfo stuff we have set the wallpaper in Group Policy: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Desktop/Desktop
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Author Posted October 21, 2009 But isnt that just the normal desktop wallpaper dave?
powdarrmonkey Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 Im in lazy mode today, where on earth in AD would I change that? In the local registry: Key: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop Value name: Wallpaper Value type: REG_SZ Data: Path to wallpaper in bitmap format 1
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Author Posted October 21, 2009 In the local registry: Key: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop Value name: Wallpaper Value type: REG_SZ Data: Path to wallpaper in bitmap format Just tested that and it works great, Thanks Mr Monkey
6Foot2 Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 But isnt that just the normal desktop wallpaper dave? I was going to reply but I see that you have a working answer so all good then.
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2009 Author Posted October 21, 2009 I was going to reply but I see that you have a working answer so all good then. Does it do the same thing as the local regedit thing tho? Thanks
Cache Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 Got a script which I wrote to pop up the AUP on logon incorporated into a .hta if that's of any use? Very crude and could probably use tidying up, but scripting isn't my strong point and I just cobble it together from other scripts. Pulls the group and displays if the group matches. Also writes whether the user has accepted the agreement back to a file which is how I made it pop up only once a week (because I would then empty the file monday morning). Could take the file writing and checking bit out and it would pop up everytime. Also, if they click disagree then it simply logs the system off again. Something I need to implement hear again now I think. If you want it I can post it up tomorrow (it's on a cd sat on my desk atm).
Edu-IT Posted October 21, 2009 Posted October 21, 2009 How about AUP informant? (EduGeek projects forum)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now