cookie_monster Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 I don't use the evil Ebay very often. I'm selling some books on Ebay and due to the weight I'm charging a high postage. I've specified the amount in the ad but can't add it to the postage field as when you select courier postage it doesn't let you specify an amount and suggests that you just list the price in the ad. How do you collect this amount do you just ask them for the extra money when someone wins the item? Cheers.
cookie_monster Posted October 18, 2009 Author Posted October 18, 2009 Some very old Famous Five books that I found in my parents loft. It's pretty much a complete set so I didn't really just want to give them to a charity shop.
mac_shinobi Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 Some very old Famous Five books that I found in my parents loft. It's pretty much a complete set so I didn't really just want to give them to a charity shop. ah right - fair play
laserblazer Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 I send most of my heavier stuff by next day courier because I have a friend with a mail order company and it goes out with his stuff. I've not had any problems as yet but there seems to be a lot of changes being made to Ebay. I struggled to get a "collection only" item to accept £0.00 recently. The views counter seems to have gone as well!
alan-d Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 Ebay are changing all the category postage but at the moment only certain catagories are affected. Basically they say you must offer free postage on some categories but if you need to recover postage costs you add it to the starting bid or buy it now price. Great for the big sellers but totally useless for the casual seller. To make matters worse RM are losing packages left right and centre so make sure you can recover your costs as getting refunds from RM is a real pain.
cookie_monster Posted October 19, 2009 Author Posted October 19, 2009 Yes in the end I had to just state the postage price in the ad, i'm not sure how I collect this though.
BatchFile Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 I believe when the auction's over, you get to send the winner an invoice, on which you can add as much P&P as you like. If it's included in the item description, I don't see there being a problem, but I agree it's a PITA and the ordinary postage bit should, well, just WORK! 1
cookie_monster Posted October 25, 2009 Author Posted October 25, 2009 Once again Ebay users astonish me with their inability to read. I specify UK postage only yet someone from France wins the auction. Can I just refuse them and send it to the second bidder? Damn I'm starting to hate Ebay.
rad Posted October 25, 2009 Posted October 25, 2009 Yes you can, unless the bidder is having it shipped to a uk addy
cookie_monster Posted October 25, 2009 Author Posted October 25, 2009 How much were you thinking of? How do you mean?
EduTech Posted October 26, 2009 Posted October 26, 2009 To restrict members from outside the UK from bidding on your items, go to my ebaY Account > Site Preferences > Selling Preferences > Buyer Requirments Next to Block Buyers Who: click edit and then put a tick on the box for "Buyers in countries to which I don't ship" Hope that helps, James. 1
cookie_monster Posted October 28, 2009 Author Posted October 28, 2009 (edited) Thanks EduTech if I ever use Ebay agin i'll do that. Edited October 29, 2009 by cookie_monster
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now