neilmc Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 Digital Photo Frames? I really like these, and I'm thinking of starting christmas present hunting for the parents who are the hardest to buy for, and was considering getting one between them, or am i just wasting money?
Tcsltd Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 I got one about 2 years ago....had it switched on over xmas.....hasn't been on since to be honest!!
witch Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 I think that if you load on the pictures and sort it all out for them, they will love it - but don't just give it to them and expect them to do it. Even if they only switch it on to show visitors, they will still love it, and maybe you can make a note to go and update the pics later in the year? (I gave mrwITch and my eldest son one last year and neither are being used - neither has 'got around' to sorting them out)
siuko Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 I think as witch says - add photos on for them. I got a Sony DPF-D70 photo frame for my girlfriend and added photos of our pets for her and she loved it.
neilmc Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 I was thinking one with an SD card, all they have to do is drop the photos on and plug it in, and with a little training they will be able to manage. Although I do still live with them so I would probably get the job of putting the photos on. I think i might of found my first christmas present, this is really early for me.
DrCheese Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 Unless you get one that automatically comes on at X time on Y day then no, they are pointless. My parents one has sat unused for months, they never have it on!
Guest Guest Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 Hi neil. Dont be getting a cheap one. I got our sister one last xmas and because it has such a poor resolution (400 odd x 200 odd) it hasnt even been used. Complete waste of time for anything more detailed than a close up of 1 persons head. Anymore detailed than that and its just a blur of colour. I think it was one of these 7" Premium Photo Frame in Silver - View Photos, Play Music, Watch Videos - Ebuyer
Haptic Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 I think that if you load on the pictures and sort it all out for them, they will love it - but don't just give it to them and expect them to do it. Even if they only switch it on to show visitors, they will still love it, and maybe you can make a note to go and update the pics later in the year? (I gave mrwITch and my eldest son one last year and neither are being used - neither has 'got around' to sorting them out) now i do hope your using the one I got you for your birthday mrs:rolleyes:
siuko Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 Thats exactly the reason why I got the Sony DPF-D70 - it has a resolution of 800 x 480 - and it shows! It is quite expensive for the size though!! Review of it on my website
enjay Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 Also check how often you can have them change photo - unless I'm missing something, the slowest mine cycles at is something like every 10 seconds. My Dad was looking at getting one too, but said he'd prefer more like every 10 minutes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now