Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I see that Windows 2008 is currently priced the same as 2008 R2. Which would you order?

 

2008 obviously has more documentation out there, but R2 is based on windows 7. Would 64-bit make any difference day to day?

 

Cheers,

 

Neil

Posted
I see that Windows 2008 is currently priced the same as 2008 R2. Which would you order?

 

2008 obviously has more documentation out there, but R2 is based on windows 7. Would 64-bit make any difference day to day?

 

Depending on what you're planning to use the server for it can make a lot of difference. Make sure whatever software you want it running is supported before making a decision.

Posted
Server licenses are normally allowed to run any previous version of the software with downgrade rights, if you have the 2008 media there isn't much point ordering 2008 over 2008 R2
Posted
As stated above you should be able to order R2 but install 2008. Double check that your software will run on R2. TBH it's not a massive improvement on 2008 if I was rolling out now I would stick with 2008 but that's just my opinion.
Posted
Server 2008 R2 is a very good improvement over 2008............I know exchange server 2007 and 2008 R2 dont like each other..........
Posted
Server 2008 R2 is a very good improvement over 2008

 

Would you mind listing what are the killer reasons to rush into an upgrade though. I'm not convinced there are any urgent reasons, even if you are rolling out Win7 you can get the adms.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...