djones Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 Have just updated our generic image with SP3 and some minor additions and have tried to capture it but am now getting this error. Never had it before capturing SP2 images. Plenty of space on server - moved the TEMP environment settings just in case... Stumped now! Any ideas?
Michael Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 Are you using the SP3 version of Sysprep? Each version/revision of Windows requires a different version. You can download it here. 1
djones Posted September 3, 2009 Author Posted September 3, 2009 Are you using the SP3 version of Sysprep? Each version/revision of Windows requires a different version. You can download it here. Yes I am... Thanks anyway.
Michael Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 Could you tell me what the exact error message is you're receiving?
djones Posted September 3, 2009 Author Posted September 3, 2009 That's about it I'm afraid. I can post the exact message tomorrow but there really isn't much more. I last captured an image (Windows XP SP2 based) a year ago - WDS is currently setup with the Windows AIK for Vista (Pre-SP1) (vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img) and the boot.wim from a Pre-SP1 Vista DVD. Would putting SP3 on the XP install cause problems with this? I am thinking my next plan of action will be to use the latest AIK (will the Windows 7 one still support XP? Doesn't mention XP on list) and boot.wim and try again. Was so close with automated installs! Ho Hum.
djones Posted September 4, 2009 Author Posted September 4, 2009 Could you tell me what the exact error message is you're receiving? Image Capture The system cannot find the file specified.
djones Posted September 4, 2009 Author Posted September 4, 2009 That's about it I'm afraid. I can post the exact message tomorrow but there really isn't much more. I last captured an image (Windows XP SP2 based) a year ago - WDS is currently setup with the Windows AIK for Vista (Pre-SP1) (vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img) and the boot.wim from a Pre-SP1 Vista DVD. Ok... I didn't get the chance to try anything different today, however, I have taken a legacy Ghost image and restored that to another machine - during mini-setup, when trying to join the domain (with "domain.local" pre-entered), it refusing to join saying invalid domain specified. When I manually change the domain to simply "domain" (without ".local") it works. I wonder if anything (server updates) have altered anything with this and is there anything in WDS that could be affected by this? Long shot maybe. Haven't had the chance to look through config myself yet! The client machine I'm trying to capture from has 1024MB installed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now