thom Posted August 3, 2006 Posted August 3, 2006 Does anyone know a good place to buy inkjet photo paper from. I need a mix of matt and glossy in both A3 and A4. The printers I need them for are an HP PHOTOSMART 2575 and an EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R1800. Is it best to use HP paper for HP printers or is that just a ploy from the companies to make you buy more of their stuff! They are going to be used by the art and media department. We are going to start a new Digital Photography A-Level from September so they want to get their stocks up. I have a budget of £300 to get as much as possible.
Ric_ Posted August 3, 2006 Posted August 3, 2006 Ask the nice people at Thomas Computer Supplies (tel: 01772 699400) to give you a quote and some advice... they are very nice to schools
contink Posted August 4, 2006 Posted August 4, 2006 Worth taking a look over on the following forums too: http://www.nifty-stuff.com (more a Canon bias but some HP users) http://www.stevesforums.com (look for printers forums - good advice available from a variety of folks). As a rule though I've heard a couple of minor tips: - Kodak papers are actually not that great - the rule of manufacturers own (ie: HP paper to HP printer) is a good rule of thumb as they will have been forumlated together but so long as you have the colour profiles for paper, ink and printer you should be fine. It's a bit of a learning curve though so I'd ask/look for some samples if I were you..
thom Posted August 11, 2006 Author Posted August 11, 2006 I ended up getting some really good deals from Photo Paper Direct http://www.photopaperdirect.com/ THe only problem is I need to send a cheque to pay and there won't be any SMT to sign it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now