Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've fixed this now, but I've left it here so other suffer less - the fix is to turn of "Use Cached Exchange Mode" under Account Settings.

 

Symptoms:

 

If I send an email to an internal person@school email address, it works fine without issues.

If I send an email to an external person@otherdomain email address, Outlook 2007 freezes after hitting "send" and I eventually hard kill it.

On restarting Outlook, it happily sends the email from its Outbox.

 

So far I have:

 

Run outlook with the /safe switch

Deleted the profile

Deleted the mailbox

Removed AV

Installed different AV

Deleted RSS feeds

Turn off "generate exchange views"

Checked DNS to ensure everything resolves correctly internally for AD and externally for the destination domain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...