matt40k Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 Hi All, I've made a .NET program which won't run from a network drive because of the default security. The batch file fix is: cd C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ CasPol.exe -pp off CasPol.exe -cg LocalIntranet_Zone FullTrust Caspol.exe -pp on Anyone one know what this would be as a Group Policy? Cheers,
deKay Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 The latest service pack for .NET 3.5 fixes this issue. Supposedly it fixes it for .NET 2.0 too.
matt40k Posted August 6, 2009 Author Posted August 6, 2009 Unlikely, it's a security options to not run unsigned code on a "intranet".
deKay Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 Well, it's what we installed to fix the same problem: Vance Morrison's Weblog : .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Allows managed code to be launched from a network share! 1
matt40k Posted August 6, 2009 Author Posted August 6, 2009 I stand correct. Thank you. Darn... Have the latest SIMSINF on the new server, which includes it, just need to change the sims setups directory to point to the new server, oh I have a .net app that does it on the network share... :D
DrPerceptron Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 That's good to know, good to know SP1 fixes it too though... if you still want it as a GPO... I assume you just the batch file in the netlogon folder or somewhere similar and call it as a startup script... I can't see any reason it wouldn't work...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now