azadsani Posted July 31, 2009 Posted July 31, 2009 Real-Time reporting - What are the options ? We are considering SIMS LG web parts for Real-Time reporting for parents in our LG, Quote we got from SIMS is expensive,I am wondering if there are any other option .Is there any other developers who can do the same or better. Has any body used any other products apart from sims?
karlieb Posted July 31, 2009 Posted July 31, 2009 I think it depends what you define as real time. If you absolutely have to have minute by minute access to the latest information then you are going to have to go with SIMS webparts. If you want to see what is possible using SharePoint (which I am assuming it is you are using) then take a look at the Twynham School website (which helpfully appears to be down at the moment). Alternatively take a look at Mike Herrity's blog for a run down of what they have done. They have used SQL Reporting Services to pull out information from their CMIS database. If you have a SharePoint partner already then have a chat to them about it. Otherwise the rest of us Microsoft Gold Partners are here to help too 1
NewOrder Posted July 31, 2009 Posted July 31, 2009 If you contact Novotronix they are developing reporting webparts that are more than a view. I believe that they will have a demo server within the next few weeks and have couple of trials going on. What I've seen is they are very good.
azadsani Posted August 3, 2009 Author Posted August 3, 2009 Thanks karlieb very interesting, I quiet like the work Mike Herrity and his team has done ,I am not a developer and do not have a team but I will contact Mike and see if I can use their web parts in to our school Sharepoint portal
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now