Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Evening

 

I've reinstalled my server and all seems to be well. The only issue I have is that for some reason its put the boot.ini and ntldr files on the D partition rather than the C drive.

 

This is a pain as it won't let me install RIS as it says its the boot partition.

 

Anyone know a way round this? I think I may have partition magic somewhere but I doubt it will work on it.

Posted

Hmmm a tricky one.

 

Could you change your own thread title to something more appropriate please? hehe I would but my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment.

 

Partition Magic wont work [as will none of their products currently they told me] so have a looky at Acronis Disk Director Server [remember the server version - as the other wont work].

 

It's very similar to Partition Magic and works well. Price tag isn't too bad either- around about £300 as i recall.... as usual though, we couldn't afford it here :(

 

Cheers

Nath

Posted
fdisk the machine and set the right partition as active. Then reinstall.

Hate to say it but yep... have been there and done the same thing myself... it's easiest to go as Geoff described...

 

Windows sometimes decides to install on the wrong partition usually due to some previous install, disks being plugged in differently, etc..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...