Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need to buy some labels for my printer and was wondering if anyone else wanted similar ones so that we could buy in bulk and get them cheap - I don't need 60,000 labels!!!

 

Please PM me for more details.

Posted
Just think with all them you could put one on the end of each cable in every cabinet in every part of the school and still have spares :) What do you use them for out of interest?
Posted
Just think with all them you could put one on the end of each cable in every cabinet in every part of the school and still have spares :) What do you use them for out of interest?

 

Nothing yet... I haven't worked up the courage to order 60,000 labels!

Posted
I assumed you had the kit already and had just run out, as for courage, just get on with it, I did the other day ordered 200m of phone cable when I need maybe 40m for the job I'm doing. The other 150 or so meters will be used for another job :D
Posted
I assumed you had the kit already and had just run out, as for courage, just get on with it, I did the other day ordered 200m of phone cable when I need maybe 40m for the job I'm doing. The other 150 or so meters will be used for another job :D

 

did your phone cable cost you 100-odd quid ? :rolleyes:

Posted
did your phone cable cost you 100-odd quid ? :rolleyes:

More actually, it was £232 and before you get shock horror thats a rip off, its for 20 pair CW1308B cable so is good value :)

Posted
More actually, it was £232 and before you get shock horror thats a rip off, its for 20 pair CW1308B cable so is good value :)

 

well, i had assumed two or three pair. out of interest, your 20-pair, what kind of outside lines does that connect ? would it be analog trunks ?

Posted

Its for our BT BCM (AKA Nortel BCM) Phone System which is all digital extensions internally, but we do have 2 ATAs (one for the fax and the other is now spare), coming into the premsis we have a ISDN30.

 

As for why I need this much cable, I'm re-wiring a part of the building that we are re-developing so replacing all infrastructure in that area (new fibre to replace cat5, old electrics in the bin etc etc ) so the around 35 year old phone cable that is 5 pair (yes 5 pair unusual number I thought) is coming out and a new 20 pair going in to the new location and should be good for another 35 years of service I hope (and reduce the niggly phone problems that have occurred of late in that area) :)

Posted
@Ric: It doesn't bare the thought of the cost of the VOIP Handsets for this system, my phone, if I bought it new would have been near enough £200 and its not the top of the range one or VOIP model so a VOIP one would be scary I suspect! Plus we haven't got any VOIP Licences on it so it needs them. Its an easy system to look after but does have some costly parts, oh and before its suggested a PC based Soft Phone also required a VOIP Licence. I will look into them as I hope to use it on my wifi lan with my phone to have easy access in the future but for now cables FTW :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...