Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've used the configurator tool to exempt comptuers from shutting down however this setting seems to be ignored and the computers are shutdown anyway. I can see the override value set to 1 in the registry. Any idea what's going on or what I can check? Thanks
Posted

Best place to check is the event log. You should see Shutdownertron log its current settings during startup and whenever it detects that they have changed, and just before shutdown you should see whether it reports that the local flag was set. When I get around to a release I'll try and add some way of interrogating it on the fly.

 

Make sure you haven't disabled use of the local override in Group Policy - this is to allow GP to stop local administrators fiddling.

Posted
Hi, I see the correct setting from policy are displayed in the event log, however at the scheduled shutdown time there is no mention of the override, it just reports that it has initiated a shutdown as though no override is set. I've checked the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shutdownertron\Override=1 is set.
Posted

Maybe Ive got this wrong .. but cant you just make a group , add the machines that you want to shut down to it... make a group policy set up the adm and set the shutdown time add that group to it and bobs your uncle !!!

 

Thats how I do it and it works very well !!

Posted
Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I could if I had to, but since there is already provision to exempt computers using the configuration tool, I'd rather use that if I can get it to work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...