Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We are hoping to bring our website internally this year but we don't want to leave ourselves open to dropping off the face of the (internet) earth if we suffer and outage.

 

I have a cunning plan that involves a scripted page on our external hosting that checks the connection & forwards the request if everything is ok, other wise it displays a basic page with a tech problem message. It may also have a system to read a text file so we can post updates if there is an ongoing problem or we need to push messages to parents. My only thought is that it will break if they bookmark the internal page rather than our root page, therefore bypassing the front script. I don't want to do address masking at all.

 

So what do others do? Does this sound feasible?

Posted
I guess you could setup the external address in your internal DNS to point to your internal website. No idea about the whole if it works, forward, else... you would need some clever php\asp\java script I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...