kennysarmy Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Is the computer that I've installed the Enterprise Console on protected? Or do I need it in my "Servers" group...thus updating itself from itself... If you see what I mean... Regards.
Psymon Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) Yes, it updates from itself Edit - It needs to have itself in the servers group so it manages itself / installs AV on itself. Management console literally just management. Edited June 26, 2009 by Psymon Edit - made it clearer 1
ricki Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Hi I am not sure that the question here is totally. But we have client, laptop and server groups. The policies are set up different to suit but all install sophos. Laptop update from server and internet but network drives scanning are not turned off Clients update from server and scan at dinner but network drives scanning are not turned off Servers update from server and scan at night. On access scanning is on but if you have slow servers you might have to turn this off I hope this answers the question Richard
d1b5 Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 This might sound stupid but you can have sohops enterprise console installed on a server, but you still need to installed the anti-virus client on the server. the server then updates from the internet.
kennysarmy Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 Yes, it updates from itself Edit - It needs to have itself in the servers group so it manages itself / installs AV on itself. Management console literally just management. Many thanks... I sup. it should have been obvious....but better to ask eh? Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now