Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

I have installed Mathbase 1,2,3,4,5 onto an IT suite at Houghton Regis lower school and 2,3 & 4 work fine.

Whenever I logon as a pupil user the Mathbase 1 & 5 icons come up with the error "Incorrect Parameter" yet when i access them through a maintenance user they work fine. I have added all pupil users to the local admin user group but to no avail. Wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Many Thanks

Matt

Posted
Not at the school that has MathsBase at the moment, but if memory serves it does some "quirky" things with where it installs to and what it does with the shortcuts. I think I manually created a couple of them from the exe files after tidying up where it had installed to - that's where I'd look first, anyway.
Posted

yeh its just these 2 new editions that are annoying!

 

wen i right click on the icons properties the path is blank but i cant change it to point at the right icon again because the pupil user doesnt allow it!

Posted
I think I had to log on as admin, delete the "official" shortcuts and go to C:\Program Files\MathsBase (or wherever the exes are) and then create my own shortcuts and move them to the appropriate place in the Start Menu (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\MathsBase).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...