Little-Miss Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Right, been trying to find a pretty way to display my mates art on his website. Found this nice little gallery called Minishowcase which needs php. I cant for the life of me get this to work. From what i can tell the server has PHP 6 on it, plus since i've taken it over the site the index has always been .php. So im guessing its on there. I've tried running a test to give me the results of what the server has installed. I've uploaded it and guessed i could just run it like http://www.hoakser.com/test.php but the just throws back a 404! but then if i type a direct path to something i get a 404. What am i missing!? I havent played with php before...
Diello Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Index and whole site appears as HTML here, not PHP. Have you checked the hosting account to see if PHP is enabled? Try putting the following code into a text editor, saving it as a PHP, then uploading it: If the web server isn't showing it as existing, then maybe it's a permissions issue?
Little-Miss Posted May 27, 2009 Author Posted May 27, 2009 Ah, thats what i used to test it and its just came up with the code on the page! I dont get an answer from that at all...
Little-Miss Posted May 27, 2009 Author Posted May 27, 2009 This is where i got my php info from... Site report for www.hoakser.com
Guest leeneilson Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Hey, From the server response headers it says that the server is running PHP 5.2.6. I went to the page hoakser.com and that works out, so I would assume php is all good. I would probably edit the index.php page to see if I was in the correct directory, and then check the permissions on the test page. If you want more help im in the area. -Lee-
mossj Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 When i wanted to embed a slideshow i just mocked one up in serif webplus and then took out the code i didn't need, then pasted what was left into the pages i wanted it. It provides lots of diffrent methods of doing it and above all doesn't watermark it. P.S Now that im using joomla I use RSGALLERY2....
powdarrmonkey Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 It's hosted with B&P on storm, who I also use, so I can tell you for a fact it's PHP 5.2.6 and a choice of MySQL5 or 6. If you PM me, I have control panel access and I'll take a look for you now while I'm waiting for something else.
dwhyte85 Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 I had a few issues a while back with the .htaccess doing odd things, although, not quite like this - guys above have given sound advice :-) The directory sounds like it could be right, nothing silly like it's been uploaded as test.php.txt or anything
powdarrmonkey Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Solved: files need to be in the htdocs directory to be accessible through the browser. 1
contink Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Solved: files need to be in the htdocs directory to be accessible through the browser. Ah, yeah... that would help... bit odd to have it there though, the usual standard is public_html or www as the root folder...
powdarrmonkey Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Ah, yeah... that would help... bit odd to have it there though, the usual standard is public_html or www as the root folder... Yeh, storm has always been like that. It's because (I presume) it's a Redhat machine, on which the global root is /var/www/htdocs, or at least used to be. So for consistency, I guess. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now