pete Posted June 28, 2006 Posted June 28, 2006 I've got OSX 10.4 authenticating against 2003AD with normal AD user accounts by using the AD plugin (version 1.5.3) under Apps > Utilities > Directory Access. It's mounting network shares properly and everything. But I've a few questions: 1) I can't get it to treat Domain Admins as local admins I've tried DomainName\domain admins and DomainName\Domain Admins (checking case-sensitivity). I've also explicitly added a domain admin account but it will still only allow local accounts to admin stuff. 2) Is there any way (under the authentication tab) to move Active directory above local accounts? 3) I haven't ticked any of the "Map UID/GID to attribute" boxes under the "Mappings" tab of the Active Directory plugin - if I tick them all it chokes - is this anything to do with my problem? Sorry about the amount of questions, but this is the first time I've administered macs since 1997. Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to make the terminal close like it should when I type exit, I'd be rather grateful .
indie Posted June 28, 2006 Posted June 28, 2006 Typing exit will only close your session, it wont close the Terminal.app, very annoying I know but just do a quick Apple+Q to close it! Let me get back to you on your other problems...
pete Posted June 28, 2006 Author Posted June 28, 2006 cheers, Updating AD plugin to 1.5.5 doesn't fix it. I'm wondering if I have to manually specify LDAP users in /etc/sudoers? (as I would in Linux) I found this http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/readme_ldap.html which involves recompiling sudo to support LDAP, but since I've only spent a day playing with this, I'm not sure that it won't Break Things.
indie Posted June 28, 2006 Posted June 28, 2006 Sorry didn't get a chance to have a look at how i've done it today. Got busy... you know how it is! I'll have a look tomorrow!
pete Posted June 28, 2006 Author Posted June 28, 2006 @indie no worries dude, wasn't intending to prod you . I'm currently working out whether I can pass domain admins into sudoers using aliases or something. @webman It's gone pretty well. Most of my annoyance at using OSX (so far) is that it fools me into thinking it'll act as I'd expect *nix to behave and then it doesn't (or the utility is compiled with retarded non-standard options).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now