Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got exceedingly bored today, so I decided to see how long it would take me to go from the earliest version of ubuntu to the current version. I managed to find 5.10 and got it up to 9.04. I have to say going from there to here took me 3:30 hours, however it runs much more smoothly than if I did a clean install of ubuntu 9.04 off the bat!

 

Not sure many would go about it that way but hey, its nice and smooth for me! :D

Posted
That sounds horrific! *shudder* It'd be like updating from Windows 3 to Windows 7 with middle stages. Although, the legacy junk gets cleaned up on Ubuntu, unlike Windows with it's multitude of files that get left over each time.
Posted
^nutter

thats 7 major upgrades

If you get bored next week try going

3.1>95>98>2k>me>xp>vista

and see if its as smooth :D

 

I once did a 2.0 > 3.0 > 3.1 > 3.11 > 95 > 98 > 2k > xp > vista just because I was bored over the summer hols, and boy was it laggy as crap!!!! Didnt do any drivers, just did the disks and went away!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...