Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A couple of my schools use Flowol along with the Flowgo controllers and some easily constructed basic models with lights, sound and sensors (older versions of what's on the site), one uses the Lego Robotix/Mindstorms stuff. One of them also has a couple of Picobotz (cheaper, but more limiting than the Lego stuff).

 

P.S. I strongly suspect that the amount of time spent on "Control" is fairly minimal due to the teachers not being confident with the software/equipment! I think they would be relieved if they didn't have to teach that particular "block" at all. (I know I got lumbered one year).

Edited by LeMarchand
P.S.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
What are other Primary Schools using to cover the Year 5 Control element of the syllabus?

 

Scratch. Excellent, and free. Hardware control boards are also available (or you can make your own!) if you want to do actual, physical control-of-devices. May 16th is international Scratch day.

 

--

David Hicks

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...