Hacksawbob Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Client Delivery Manager Operations Team Leader Technical Baseline Consultant Junior Solution Architects Says all
IanT Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Client Delivery Manager Operations Team Leader Technical Baseline Consultant Junior Solution Architects Says all Why all the fancy namings lol why cant they just keep it simple ICT Network Manager ICT Technician simples
reggiep Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Does this mean that if my school was BSF'd and then I was sacked that I couldn't tell people why I had been sacked?
mossj Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Does this mean that if my school was BSF'd and then I was sacked that I couldn't tell people why I had been sacked? No, you have to sign a gagging order to be gagged.... I suspect he got some favorable terms in exchange for a good ol gagging.
Crispin Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 however I stress that you have not been presented with the full facts Well who's fault is that? Once again, I apologise for having to intrude on your forum, but hope you find the information helpful and it helps remove some of the speculation. IMO if you make/force/encourage someone into a gagging order, not only are you saying "We have something to hide" but you also waive your right to preventing people being speculative about the situation. I'm an advocate of free speech and I don't like this at all. It is ashame the OP felt the need to enter into such an agreement.
sahmeepee Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Well who's fault is that? IMO if you make/force/encourage someone into a gagging order, not only are you saying "We have something to hide" but you also waive your right to preventing people being speculative about the situation. I'm an advocate of free speech and I don't like this at all. It is ashame the OP felt the need to enter into such an agreement. I am no fan of BSF (my posting history backs this up very strongly) and I'm highly skeptical of the motives of BSF MSPs, but in this case I think you may be assuming the worst of all possible cases. I would say that most commercial organisations would try to keep their financial settlements and employment disputes under wraps as much as possible, if only to avoid giving any slight advantage to their competitors. It's sad that the information can't be out in the open, but I would assume that Deaks chose the best path available for him and this was one of the easier concessions he had to make as part of that. When dealing with large corporations, remember that you are effectively dealing with a very wealthy psychopath: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corporation-Pathological-Pursuit-Profit-Power/dp/1845291743/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247078811&sr=8-1]The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power: Amazon.co.uk: Joel Bakan: Books[/ame]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now