alan-d Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 I have now run out of space to store old equipment and have several PCs and monitors I need to be rid of. Previously we have given kit away to other schools or charities. The school would prefer me to sell the kit off - which is fair I suppose. Before I get the final numbers of what I have etc I'd like an honest idea what price I could raise for: 1. RM- Pentium 3, 733Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 10 GB HD - includes NIC 2. RM Accellerator (PC5100) P2 266Mhz - includes NIC 3. 15" CRT Colour monitors (mostly Belinia) 4. 17" CRT Colour monitors - various makes They have been stored in a container for a year but they all work. Honest answers please
webman Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 Have a look round on eBay, but realistically, I wouldn't expect much more than £40 for any one of those items.
pete Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 17" CRT - up to £20, depending on make / condition. You can get decent new ones for ~£40. I have 30x P3 533Mhz, 128MB Ram, 40GB drives & 15" CRT and I'm giving them away. Remember that we all work in schools and know how the kit is treated.
alan-d Posted June 16, 2006 Author Posted June 16, 2006 I've given kit away in the past but, not unreasonably, the school wants to try and make some cash. I have said that I'd have problems giving it away - but hey who am I? I just work here
EvLPhenom Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 found this on ebay pretty similar spec to the ones you need to get rid of... gives you some sort of figure to work with...as for the monitors you could look for between £15 and £25 each
gcheeseman Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 It'll cost the buyer more for delivery than for the kit (especially those 17" monitors) ... some people argue that RM can't give away their new kit.
bossman Posted June 16, 2006 Posted June 16, 2006 I would be very reluctant to sell used equipment of the schools as the LEA may take an interest especially if they do an audit and you have not disposed of the equipment in the proper way. They don't seem to like anybody even the school benefitting financially from the sale of school equipment. Plus the fact that obviously you would have to destroy the harddrives in any of the schools computers as they could contain confidential data which if fell into the wrong hands could drop you personally in the deep mire. I personally would get rid of them by the book and use your LEA to dispose of them properly. This is only my way of looking at things you may have different eyes to me. regards
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now