gshaw Posted March 16, 2009 Posted March 16, 2009 Not sure if I'm just being stupid but this whole file format issue at the moment is driving me nuts Had a student come in with some OpenOffice documents today, fine I thought... Office 2007 should support ODF... try to open file... nada Download ODF plugin that supposedly works with 2007, still doesn't open... then I see this... Linux.com :: Sun ODF plugin chokes on Office 2007 Grrreeeatt... plan C... install it on Office 2003 and then I get the toolbar and am able to convert the document. So basically... - should Office 2007 be able to open these files (I'm on SP1) - why doesn't the plugin work on 2007 when Sun advertise that it does? All these file format changes are really stupid imo, can't they just decide on one
localzuk Posted March 16, 2009 Posted March 16, 2009 Office 2007 does not yet support ODF. It is supposed to soon, according to MS as they are working on an update (supposedly).
gshaw Posted March 16, 2009 Author Posted March 16, 2009 It's all such a mess at the moment - amazing how petty arguments between companies drags the whole technology down and makes more aggro for everyone else
Michael Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 Office 2007 SP2 will support ODF natively. I have installed Sun's ODF support on Office 2003 and it worked with no problems. Not sure about Office 2007.
gshaw Posted March 17, 2009 Author Posted March 17, 2009 Office 2007 SP2 will support ODF natively. I have installed Sun's ODF support on Office 2003 and it worked with no problems. Not sure about Office 2007. About time too! Works fine on 2003 but chokes on 2007 by looks of it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now