Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got a new server, installed Server 2008 64Bit on with no problems, update drivers, etc, etc.

 

Install Exchange 2007, work through all the pre-requisites and get Exchange installed and running ready for configuration today.

 

So, this morning, I do a quick update check and it installs Security Rollup 6 for Exchange and now all my Exchange Services have been disabled!!!!! :mad:

 

Looking around, it seemed this was a known problem for the Rollup 4.

 

Now I've got to try and find out why, what and who. Getting all back to how it was and start again. Damn annoying as it was going so well!!! Grrr.

 

Any thoughts anybody?

 

Pete

Posted

Nope, no errors in the Event logs. Just the few during last night and yesterday while setting up initially. But, no actual errors from this morning.

 

Haven't tried manually starting the services yet, thats the next step but just pissed off that this has happened.

 

I've removed that particular security update for now and work through the multiple number of services installed by Exchange!

 

Pete

Posted

More digging, it would appear that Update 6 is causing as many problems. For the ones it does install correctly on it's breaking OWA!!!

 

Not impressed!

 

Pete

Posted
You should still be able to get Update Rollup 5, I would of thought. Was it WSUS which downloaded and installed it?

 

No, as it's a new system, I've been manually downloading and installing updates before starting to configure it proper.

 

Will look for rollup 5.

 

Pete

Posted

The exchange rollups always cause problems and I'm amazed MS haven't actually sorted this mess out yet...

 

Rollup 2007 fubar'd things for me while removing it seemed to sort things... Best I can suggest is uninstalling the rollup and then instaling again, repeating until you get it all to install properly instead of borking at various random stages as it seems to do.

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I had a similar issue after an update and it turned out that Exchange could no longer contact a particular MS website. I had to use the proxycfg.exe to fix it. This link may help you out.

 

Do'h

 

HBJB

Edited by Heebeejeebee
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Well, I've been playing about all day, and I managed to 'peel off' rollup 6 and apply rollup 5. Strange that even logged in as the Enterprise Admin, I still have to run the patch with elevated permissions! :confused:

 

Anyway, been blindly going through the settings this evening, and have managed to get the our current e-mail server (mdaemon) forwarding to the Exchange box, and vice-versa sending out via MDaemon from Exchange. So, that's phase 1 complete so I can add users and not upset the current system. More tweaking and working out policies etc ready for migration, etc.

 

Thanks for all replies

 

Pete

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...