Guest salan Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 Hi all, We have a web page (to do with nova and is generated automatically so can't alter). Our staff intranet links to it. trouble is that machines with IE7 on them don't work! So what I could do with as a 'quick fix' is a simple web page that will detect the browser (ie6 or ie7) and then go to the relevant version of the page (java script version or not ie cover.htm or cover_ns.htm). Any takers on writing something for me please ( I know the type of thing I want but being dyslexic, I spend more time undoing typos then programming!) Thanks Alan
kmount Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 Sounds like you're having troubles showing the Cover sheet generated from Nova-T in html with javascript? I'd forget trying to have two versions and resolve the problem with why you can't get IE7 to view the normal one?
Guest salan Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 Sounds like you're having troubles showing the Cover sheet generated from Nova-T in html with javascript? I'd forget trying to have two versions and resolve the problem with why you can't get IE7 to view the normal one? yuo are quite correct. I have logged a call and have been told that this is a known problem and capita have not fixed it yet. so I was after a workaround for now
kmount Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 Okay, so what's the problem? I mean, what doesn't look right about it?
Guest salan Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 Okay, so what's the problem? I mean, what doesn't look right about it? In each frame you get 'page cannot be displayed' msg and nothing else. If you use the no script version of the page its ok
ascott2 Posted March 10, 2009 Posted March 10, 2009 We had the same issue here. Its not the automatically generated one that is the issue, just the one which holds the iframes. One of the other techs here I think is working on it now but, basically the static javascript page needs to be rewritten. Either that or go to firefox. (it works on any version).
mac_shinobi Posted March 10, 2009 Posted March 10, 2009 We had the same issue here. Its not the automatically generated one that is the issue, just the one which holds the iframes. One of the other techs here I think is working on it now but, basically the static javascript page needs to be rewritten. Either that or go to firefox. (it works on any version). any chance you or someone could upload the 2 html pages to here.
ascott2 Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Once he has finished then I shouldn't see why not!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now