Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just got our nice new shiny Photoshop Elements 7 for me to package (we're CC3).

 

First time got this error in the event viewer when allocating the package out (remember, it's a one I created):

 

Error 1406. Could not write value CreationTime to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\Transports\Decoupled\Client\{D0F85B57-AB8F-4A1E-AB8A-CD7829ABC041}.  System error

 

Repackaged, same error. Rebuilt the clean machine, repackaged, same error.

 

What the hell is going on with it? It's got my head done in now!

Posted

Thats odd I have that on some machines only some mind that have that exact same error when under privaliaged users try to run NOVA-T

 

Sorry I cannot offer any more help

Posted

It's ok - Somebody over at RM Communities helped me through this one and is now fully sorted.

 

The full solution (quite a lengthy topic) is available here for those that might be searching in the future with the same problems.

 

RM Communities

 

Cheers,

  • 3 months later...
Posted

Ok, we have a problem with the this software again (only been on 3 months before art decide to use it!).

 

When loading the software an agreement comes up. The students accept this and it should put something in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements folder to say the user has accepted the agreement. It doesn't work however!

 

It works as a teaching staff as I've monitored the folder and watched it put some extra stuff in there when accepting the agreement. How can I get it so the Adobe Software is allowed to write the acceptance to that location? Tried a path rule in RMMC, didn't work.

Posted

Once it is saved does the AUP not appear anymore for any user? Could you create a package with the information saved in that location and roll it out to the machines?

 

Have you had a quick look in the registry to see if you can set a reg key to agree to the AUP before rolling out?

Posted
Once it is saved does the AUP not appear anymore for any user? Could you create a package with the information saved in that location and roll it out to the machines?

 

Have you had a quick look in the registry to see if you can set a reg key to agree to the AUP before rolling out?

 

Someone over at Communities suggested creating another package with these changes - I don't like the idea of having to roll out a "Photoshop" & a "Photoshop fix" package. Maybe it's the only way to do it though, short of copying the files to every machine manually.

 

I was hoping to maybe put the files in the Photoshop package if possible, but because the original Photoshop package was created in such an unorthodox way I'm not sure if it will work (or even break the good package).

 

Might be a case of creating a "fix" package now and rolling out, then taking a look at the original package over summer to see if I can get it working nicely.

 

Cheers for the help :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...