adamf Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Earlier this week we moved 3 servers to different IP ranges (from a 10.62.0.x to 10.59.100.x). All servers are accessible by their IP addresses and 2 are accessible by their DNS names. The 3rd will is not accessible by it's DNS name despite the entry being present in on the DNS servers and the correct DNS server are set on the server. When I do an nslookup I get the old IP address - both forward and reverse entries have been removed from DNS. I've done a ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns and the correct IP gets re-registered in DNS but it still looks up under the old one. It doesn't seem to make a difference which machine I try and access the server from, be it a client or another server. There is nothing in any of the hosts files on any of the machines referencing the old IP address. I've cleared the cache on the DNS server are rebooted the server in quesiton.....nothing. Any ideas Thanks.
mattx Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Anything in the DNS log ? Have you run DCDiag ? Dcdiag Overview: Networking and Communications; Active Directory Double checked for double entries ?
adamf Posted February 28, 2009 Author Posted February 28, 2009 Nothing ovbious in the DNS logs, DCDiag everything passes and i've checked and double checked for duplicate entries. Any other ideas?
superfletch Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Does it have more than one network card enabled or is there an alternate configuration set on the main network adapter?
wesleyw Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Nothing silly like a subnet mask typo? if it still doesn't work remove it from DNS and add it again manually into both forward and reverse lookups I had strange issues when I assigned servers to a domain and needed to add the reverse lookups. Wes
adamf Posted April 16, 2009 Author Posted April 16, 2009 Have removed the entries manually, recreated in both forward and reserver lookup zone, now if I look up the FDQN it resolves the correct address, if I lookup the netbios name it resolves an incorrect address that isn't present in DNS?!??!? I've also cleard the netbios cache on both DNS servers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now