adamf Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 Hoepfully someone can help me out here! This morning when our staff are logging onto SIMS most are getting a fault code and the error: Access to path \\servername\pupils\home folder\my sims documents is denied Can anybody shed some light on why it's looking to create a my sims document in the same folder everytime? Cheers Adam.
matt40k Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 My SIMS Document is in there My Documents. Why is it pointing to \\server\pupils? Check where there my documents is pointing.
maelortech Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 I managed to fix this today. Could be somehting unique to us though. We were getting "Access to My SIMS Documents" denied. Tried many things but finally found the problem, in the registry. The "Personal" user shell folder was pointed at a network share (something to do with a mapped drive, I suspect) So I went to Computer\HKEY_USERS\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and changed the "Personal" value to the proper "c:\users\\documents" folder. Like I said, could be unique to us, but might help you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now