Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I am using VMware server 2. I wan't to store my backups onto a Disk image. Can all my servers share the same .vmdk file? or would i have to make a seperate one for each server?

 

Thanks

Posted

Would they be accessing the .vmdk at the same time? If so, no the file will be locked by the first VM that mounts it. If you are looking to only mount the disk to a VM when you want to back-up/restore, then yes they can all access the same .vmdk - one at a time. I think you may have to power down the VM to attach a hard drive though?

 

I know the M$ .vhd format, and M$ Virtual Server 2, allows live adding of Hard Disks and can share 1 .vhd with multiple VM's. Each VM will right their individual changes to their own 'differences' file.

Posted (edited)
Is it possible to share one Vmware image with multiple users so they can all access it at the same time? Edited by JJonas

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...