AngryTechnician Posted January 31, 2009 Posted January 31, 2009 Good morning all! I am looking to purchase a replacement motherboard and bottom plastics for a Dell Latitude D531 (serial tag by PM on request) that has suffered horribly at the hands of a ham-fisted student. Dell have quoted me £338.39 for the parts, and I'm hoping someone can bring that down a little as I'm getting bored of paying Dell for more than half a laptop every time I need a couple of parts replaced. As a little incentive for you I should tell you that favourable quotes will almost certainly attract repeat business since we have 90 of these in the hands of our current lower sixth, plus next year's lower sixth will be getting about 120+ Dell Mini 9 netbooks which will almost certainly suffer similar fates. Thanks in advance!
Haptic Posted January 31, 2009 Posted January 31, 2009 Good morning all! I am looking to purchase a replacement motherboard and bottom plastics for a Dell Latitude D531 (serial tag by PM on request) that has suffered horribly at the hands of a ham-fisted student. Dell have quoted me £338.39 for the parts, and I'm hoping someone can bring that down a little as I'm getting bored of paying Dell for more than half a laptop every time I need a couple of parts replaced. As a little incentive for you I should tell you that favourable quotes will almost certainly attract repeat business since we have 90 of these in the hands of our current lower sixth, plus next year's lower sixth will be getting about 120+ Dell Mini 9 netbooks which will almost certainly suffer similar fates. Thanks in advance! Hiya Fella, If you could please pm me the service tag details I will crack on with this straight away and should have some results for you monday afternoon, I look forward to hearing from you,
MatthewL Posted January 31, 2009 Posted January 31, 2009 I would suggest you take a look on eBay for parts. Is it not under any warranty of any kind?
AngryTechnician Posted February 1, 2009 Author Posted February 1, 2009 I can't raise a PO to a seller on eBay, and it will be too much to claim from petty cash. The laptop is physically damaged. We did not take Complete Care, so accidental damage is not covered.
AngryTechnician Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Any takers? I'm starting to feel posting this at the weekend was perhaps not my finest plan.
Mandy Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 I can get you a price on this - PM the Serial tag number and I'll have a quote to you asap!
CESIL Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 try clonesuk.co.uk in Portsmouth...I have got parts from them and there prices are very good
Edu-IT Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 I can get you a price on this - PM the Serial tag number and I'll have a quote to you asap! You did get my PM didn't you Mandy? I should have used a read receipt.
Mandy Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 I did indeed. Your price: Motherboard Only (no fans heatsinks etc)+ Base without memory Cover £259.16 ex Vat with free delivery Can do complete laptop (Turion X2 , 1Gig , 40Gig, DVD-Rom, 15.4”) for £361.22 ex Vat with free delivery Let me know your thoughts!! Mandy
Haptic Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Motherboard only here for £250.00+vat Free Delivery!
AngryTechnician Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Thanks for those guys, sorry I've taken all afternoon to get back to you, been teaching some poor sod in the sixth form how to reinstall Windows on his laptop after he destroyed his previous install with one of those scam "PC Fix-me-Up" programs. I'll be honest, I'm liking Mandy's quote more since the plastics are busted too on this one. The full story is that the student whom the laptop is assigned to had headphones plugged in and managed to smack the plug, smashing the headphone socket to bits and cracking the case. As you can see, it's an expensive repair just so he can use his headphones again! I'll take the figure to the keeper of the purse (these laptops aren't funded from the main IT budget) and be back to you shortly by PM. Cheers!
Haptic Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Thanks for those guys, sorry I've taken all afternoon to get back to you, been teaching some poor sod in the sixth form how to reinstall Windows on his laptop after he destroyed his previous install with one of those scam "PC Fix-me-Up" programs. I'll be honest, I'm liking Mandy's quote more since the plastics are busted too on this one. The full story is that the student whom the laptop is assigned to had headphones plugged in and managed to smack the plug, smashing the headphone socket to bits and cracking the case. As you can see, it's an expensive repair just so he can use his headphones again! I'll take the figure to the keeper of the purse (these laptops aren't funded from the main IT budget) and be back to you shortly by PM. Cheers! cant see anything about motherboard plastics in the above post by Mandy
plexer Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 + Base without memory Cover Would be the bottom plastic I presume? Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now