Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

there seems to be something wrong with the base cacti install....

 

using this machine here (http://www.edugeek.net/forums/nix/29683-debian-making-no-frills-webserver.html) that everything *seems* to be functioning correctly on. phpmyadmin works so that ought to mean apache, php & mysql are working....

 

cacti works but graphs are broken images and there's no data, I've traced this back to a problem with the poller. when running it manually from the shell it comes back with

 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 377

 

I seeem to have fixed it simply by manually installing php5-cli

 

for some unknown reason cacti didnt install this itself as a dependency...

Posted (edited)

seems like you don't have the php5mysql function installed.

 

Try apt-get install php5_mysql

 

And then try running the poller again.

Edited by chris_uk
didn't read php5 was installed
Posted

no that's already installed. one would assume that would be required for phpmyadmin to work?

 

As I said I fixed the problem with php5-cli. didnt even have to restart anything. it just started working by itself. I was more asking why cacti wouldnt install php5-cli itself?

 

although I did start writing the post asking for help but the internet went down and I managed to sort it out myself.

Posted
since before when I thought it was working, it wasnt as much as I thought. i've had to add the poller run string to crontab and because I ran poller.php in the shell as root, the rra files that got created all had the wrong owners which ended up as read-only when cacti tried to write to them.deleted them and let it re-create them. then it was working properly. yay. I thought I might,if I have time, write a guide on the wiki to installing it on a virtual machine, in the same way I have.
Posted (edited)

If you think there's a missing dependency on php5-cli, check the bug reports at Bugs in package cacti (version 0.8.7b-2.1) in unstable -- Debian Bug report logs and report it if it hasn't been done already. Assuming you have your mail transport set up properly, you can use reportbug.

 

Edit: Scratch that (although I'm leaving it here because reportbug is a Useful Thing to know about). The cacti package in etch, lenny and sid has a dependency on php4-cli OR php5-cli, meaning if you have php4-cli installed already, apt won't try and upgrade it to php5-cli because as far as it's concerned the dependency is satisfied. Might be interesting to remove php5-cli and install php4-cli, and if it won't play file a bug asking to have the dependency amended.

Edited by powdarrmonkey

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...