Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

A course requires users to import their mobile phone / camera videos into PowerPoint, the videos are in MOV and 3GP format which PowerPoint doesn't support.

 

Are they any free (preferred!) or paid video conversion tools to make these videos compatible with PowerPoint?

Posted (edited)

VLC Player has a command line option for converting file formats. I've not used it for MOV or 3GP but I believe it supports them.

 

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player]VLC media player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

 

I used the following command line in a batch file to convert "one.spx" audio file to "one.mp3". Could have set it to be a bit more intelligent for bulk file management but it was just a trial.

 

vlc -vvv "C:\one.spx" --sout=#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=128}:standard{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\one.mp3"} vlc://quit

 

 

A similar query on PC Advisor leads to http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html but I've not used this yet.

Edited by jdoyle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...