pooley Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 I have an old Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo C5900 sitting here doing not alot, so I thought i'd have a play and see if I could run Vista on it to help me get to grips with this pos OS. Problem is I cannot get any sound card drivers, its an on board soundmax AD1986 chipset, have tried the asus ones and they throw up an error on installation, have emailed FS but no reply as yet, so wondering if anyone else has any suggestions before I just blat it back to XP Cheers Si
mattx Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 Let me google that for you Someone has had success on the third link down...
pooley Posted January 14, 2009 Author Posted January 14, 2009 have tried the asus ones and they throw up an error on installation As you can see I can use google thanks
Michael Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 they throw up an error on installation Have you tried manually specifying the INF driver file (if setup isn't compiled as one package). Best I could find is this, but it has Asus in the directory path.
peterdoherty Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 had a similar prob with soundmax integrated on dell gx520. Just ran the installer for the XP driver. It fell over then installed it in compatability mode when vista detected it fell over. Got an error on next reboot but worked fine!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now