jamesb Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 Sorry Dad but my advantages are better than his At least they are if you plan to have a mixed environment, or change it every few months. If on the other hand you want a nice, stable, single-client environment his is better. Plus his is better if you don't want to grow a beard and wear sandals year-round. That's what you need for root access to a UNIX system, right?
matt40k Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 Plus his is better if you don't want to grow a beard and wear sandals year-round. That's what you need for root access to a UNIX system, right? I though for UNIX to work you had to turn the server room into a dark room (switch the lights off) and sacrifice a goat in the name of the UNIX gods?
linescanner Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 I though for UNIX to work you had to turn the server room into a dark room (switch the lights off) and sacrifice a goat in the name of the UNIX gods? I do have a large supply of goats that I am willing to share
matt40k Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 Got to be better then the arm, leg that Microsoft wants... not forget my soul, if you believe in all that. Still if Sun wants my soul, I'll happy trade of a few of those (ultra) thin clients and a network to back it up with.
ajtaylor Posted December 24, 2008 Posted December 24, 2008 Plus his is better if you don't want to grow a beard and wear sandals year-round. That's what you need for root access to a UNIX system, right? Oi, I don't have a beard - though if I wasn't ginger I might consider it :-)
linescanner Posted December 25, 2008 Posted December 25, 2008 Oi, I don't have a beard - though if I wasn't ginger I might consider it :-) Plus his is better if you don't want to grow a beard and wear sandals year-round. That's what you need for root access to a UNIX system, right? I have bearded goats.......2 with one stone Merry Christmas all
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now