garethEds Posted December 11, 2008 Posted December 11, 2008 Does anyone know how to do calculated fields based on the results of a query? I have a car sales database . In the database we have created a multiple table query that displays which cars each sales person has sold. So if Sales Person 1 has sold 3 cars at £1500 + £2000 + £2532 then I need to add that up into a new field and display it on the report. I know how to add up different fields, but not how to add up the results of the query - which are all based in different records but the same field. Any help appreciated. Gareth
CESIL Posted December 11, 2008 Posted December 11, 2008 You need to do a JOIN query on the salesman table and the sales table. You can get the total of the sales with SUM([sales].[sales value]) AS TotalValue Does that make sense?
CESIL Posted December 11, 2008 Posted December 11, 2008 Actually I might have misunderstood what you are trying to do. You can get sub totals in reports by using grouping.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now