Tunster Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 New to the forum to - Nice to meet you I'm sure you will have few problems with 2008, as we are finding here. One thing that is holding us back (and has really annoyed me to be honest) is upgrading our print servers from 2003 to 2008. One was due for being retired over half term and we have ended up replacing it with another 2003 R2 box. I had loads of problems with drivers for HP printers and Xerox copiers, plus the PAS (Print Accounting Software) and Pcounter ports didn't like the 2008 OS! So until Pcounter and the driver vendors sort things out we will be stuck with 2003 print servers for a while Can you not use 2003 or Vista drivers on 2008? We did have a huge problem with some printers at first with Vista. However, the trick is to use XP drivers and force it to work. It's not such a problem now. I have noticed Vista crashes a lot less and I rarely have any calls for anyone getting any BSODs or freezes. We had no choice but to get our first 2008 server up and running as you cannot run Exchange 2008 without a 64-bit CPU. 32-bit = FAIL. We've still yet to do the transfer, but should be very interesting. Actually, come to think of it, I've still yet to decommission our Win2000 servers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now