speckytecky Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 (edited) Anyone got experience of LCP please. They are currently offering what is described as "Imaganitive, cross-curricular" ICT Resource software for KS1 & 2. Edited November 6, 2008 by speckytecky
enjay Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 Your link has done something funny, but I have indeed heard of LCP - most of our primary schemes of work (and indeed some of our policies) are based on their resources. They're well thought-out, easy-to-use and come with teachers' notes and pupil resources making the lessons we very easy to deliver. 1
speckytecky Posted November 6, 2008 Author Posted November 6, 2008 Your link has done something funny, but I have indeed heard of LCP - most of our primary schemes of work (and indeed some of our policies) are based on their resources. They're well thought-out, easy-to-use and come with teachers' notes and pupil resources making the lessons we very easy to deliver. Thanks Nick, Link now corrected - I'd transposed the c and the p!
firefighting Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 I agree with NickJones but found installing the s/w seem to be a bit of a . 1
enjay Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 I agree with NickJones but found installing the s/w seem to be a bit of a . Really? I just copied them to a network folder and created a shortcut to them. Or do you mean the BookMaster thing? Although, IIRC, that was a a simple program to capture into MSI (using RM's Application Wizard) format.
firefighting Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 Really? I just copied them to a network folder and created a shortcut to them. Or do you mean the BookMaster thing? Although, IIRC, that was a a simple program to capture into MSI (using RM's Application Wizard) format. Maybe something wrong with my setup! It was over a year ago. It's all working fine now. No complaints from staff (at the monent).
LeMarchand Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 We use/are supposed to be using this. Seems quite well thought-out and it's possible to edit sheets to suit the resources you have. The only problems that I can recall is that if you don't have the resources "in stock" some of them (like the Lego Robotix stuff) can be a tad on the expensive side. We used a similar sensor/robot thing and heavily modified those parts of the book. (When I say "we", I mean "me" - despite being on about 1/2 the pay of the relevant teacher/s ). Also, if memory serves, the supplied software is single-user only - which seems dumb (and I don't think that it's cheap to buy multi-user licences).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now