jamin100 Posted October 15, 2008 Posted October 15, 2008 For some reason my users are unable to access the safely remove hardware box after they have clicked on the icon in the system tray. Its says that I have restricted access to the program and therefore wont run. The only thing i can think of is that users don't have access to control panel and therefore cannot safely remove their hardware. Is there any way around this? I don't really want them having access to the control panel!
Busybub Posted October 15, 2008 Posted October 15, 2008 Off the top of my head they need access to Control Panel in order to run rundll32 which the SRHW needs. I get around this by setting another policy: User Config/Admin Templates/Cntrl Panel/Show only specified applets Only give access to Printers and Faxes
CHR1S Posted October 15, 2008 Posted October 15, 2008 What do you need it for? If its for USB Memory Sticks etc then XP and above supports quick removal as standard.
jamin100 Posted October 15, 2008 Author Posted October 15, 2008 Yeh it was just for USB sticks . . . Staff are complaining that i'm breaking there memory sticks by not letting them have access to 'Safely Remove Hardware' pfft.
CHR1S Posted October 15, 2008 Posted October 15, 2008 Troubleshooting for USB pen drives under Windows XP - Policy for enabling removal. But as I said all USB drives default to "Optimize for quick removal" and I have yet to have a single stick die on me and I have never ejected on once.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now