Oops_my_bad Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 On Citrix clients, our apostrophe keys dont work! (That's that annoying little symbol above the @ key), however the @ key does work. I've checked on the terminal (hp t5735) that the keyboard layout is UK, and the currently logged in citrix user is also UK layout. The keyboard is a UK one. I can open leafpad locally on the terminal and the comma does work, so must be something between that and citrix? Also in Word during the citrix session, you can't highlight text Anyone ever come across any of these issues? Mind you it is quite amusing watching the english teacher using this particular room sweating over the use of apostrophes
Geoff Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 I had strange keyboard problems on some thinstation machines a while ago. It turned out to be a network issue. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/thin-client-virtual-machines/8787-keyboard-problem-thinstation.html 1
Oops_my_bad Posted October 20, 2008 Author Posted October 20, 2008 Hmm, thanks. But I'm not sure if it is a network issue; (had a thin client connected directly to server NIC) Whilst at the server logon screen at the terminal, the apostrophe/speech mark keys work fine (I can type them OK in the username box). If I open up notepad within the session I can also type with these. However in word it just doesnt work. So I think maybe it's an issue with word? But if I try it from a PC with the xenapp client it works fine in word I am running the latest HP image. Would it be worth installing the latest version of presentation server client from the citrix website? How do you go about "installing" it on these terminals?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now