Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I have downloaded the 1.2 version and want to run a test with it.

 

When I deploy the msi through group policy do I have to use one of the mst files or can I just reply on the adm to set the settings.

 

Also if the msi is deployed and none of the settings are set will it just run but do nothing or are defaults set in the program.

 

Please could you e-mail deployment instructions before I start. I dont mean how to deploy a msi or adapt it with an mst more on the lines of what I have to go generally to get it to work with a windows 2003 domain with xp clients

 

Thanks for all your help.

 

Richard

Posted

Documentation is coming, honest :)

 

Rolling the agent: You don't need to use the MST transforms, they are there for convenience. If you don't apply either, the local administration tool is installed on demand. If you add one transform or the other, it is either installed outright initially or not at all ever.

 

If you don't set any settings explicitly, the agent service will start but do nothing. You will see a message in the event log to this effect. Once you apply a group policy and it takes effect, the agent will leap into life. There are some defaults, but only non-dangerous ones (for example if you don't specify a shutdown mode, it will shutdown by default rather than reboot, but if you don't specify an enablement, it will default to disabled).

 

The settings are through Group Policy. Start editing a GP object, right click on Administrative Templates, and add the enclosed .adm file. When the console reloads, you'll see the Shutdownertron section appear.

 

 

If you find it useful, please consider donating to keep me in bread and water :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...