elsiegee40 Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 Our school has a major anniversary next year and we want to invite as many former staff and pupils as possible to a party. Suggestions of websites where we might be able to find these people would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance
sidewinder Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 yeah facebook should be all you need its insanely popular and the vast majority of people have an account. Only difficulty comes when trying to find people who have changed their name Friends Reunited, while ok, was a fad that loads registered for but barely any check the thing now. at least with Facebook people log in quite regularly
Hightower Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 I'm boycotting Facebook because I don't like the new layout.
RabbieBurns Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 Our school had recently launched its own Former Pupils Assosciation facebook page which has had over 100 former pupils join in 1 month
elsiegee40 Posted October 10, 2008 Author Posted October 10, 2008 (edited) Being over the age of 40... I know very little about FaceBook... especially as its blocked at school! Is there a specific type of logon to create for a former Pupils page? Or do you create a personal account and adapt it? EDIT have started a separate thread for the Facebook question Edited October 10, 2008 by elsiegee40
contink Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 Friends Reunited recently revamped things by dropping the whole £5 annual fee to send messages and a lot of folks are returning to the fold so don't discount it completely.
witch Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 Friends Reunited, Facebook, MySpace and Bebo are used quite a lot as well. As far as I can see, if you sign up to Facebook and then log in , you will see an option called 'groups' which gives you the chance to create one. You could also look up significant people - eg head girls or staff names. I would have thought Friends Reunited would be better for the 'older' people!! 1
elsiegee40 Posted October 11, 2008 Author Posted October 11, 2008 I got brave with FaceBook and have an account. There was already a group set up by former pupils, so I've contacted the admin. There are 15 members of the group. As for Friends Reunited, there are 250 former pupils, the oldest was a pupil in 1923! Ican work this site, as I'm already a memeber, so I've kicked that one off already! bebo has about 30 former puils, but they have all left in the last 5 years.
witch Posted October 11, 2008 Posted October 11, 2008 Glad to be of help! Let us know how many you finally track down:)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now